[sharp-discuss] Sharp fail on remote submission

Phil Evans pre at mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk
Thu Aug 5 11:25:27 CEST 2010

I'm getting crashes in Sharp with the error message such as

OMP abort: Unable to set worker thread stack size to 67109888 bytes
Try reducing KMP_STACKSIZE or increasing the shell stack limit.

/lmb/home/sharp/sharp-2.6/bin/sharp/runsharp.sh: line 169: 26002 Aborted
         $BDG_exe/sharp

I get this when submitting jobs vis GridEngine to a server, but also if I try to use the runsharp.sh script directly on the "home" machine, even though a Sharp interface submission to the the home machine "Interactive" works OK

Anyone got any ideas? Playing around with KMP_STACKSIZE (increasing or decreasing) doesn't help

Phil