[sharp-discuss] Sharp control panel

Debajyoti Dutta debajyoti_dutta47 at rediffmail.com
Thu Apr 7 08:39:05 CEST 2011

Hi again,

I am really sorry for the late reply. I was checkig the installation folders of sharp (Reinstalled). Unfortunately the folder "users" does not contain any subderectory though it possess two hidden files

.sharpaccess.linux-85tx.8080 and
.sharpaccess.linux-85tx.8081. From there I found the following things

AuthUserFile  /home/user/Sharp_autoSharp_2.6/sushi/conf/.htpasswd
AuthGroupFile /home/user/Sharp_autoSharp_2.6/sushi/conf/.htgroup
AuthName      SHARP
AuthType      Basic
Options       FollowSymLinks Includes Indexes

require       group nosharp

like..

I could not trace the .htpasswd file in ~/conf directory.. This is only happening in our new computer (64 bit openSUSE 11.4)

Thanking you,
Sincerely,
Debajyoti

On Mon, 04 Apr 2011 18:24:11 +0530  wrote

On Sat, Apr 02, 2011 at 07:14:31AM -0000, Debajyoti Dutta wrote:

> Thnak you for your reply and assistance. localhost:8080 is working

> fine.

Good.

> However, I have not set any username and passward for a machine,

> though it is asking for the passwd.

During installation, a default user (and password) will be set. The

username is the same as the user account used for installation. Have a

look at the

 users

directory: for each configured user there should be a

subdirectory. And in each subdirectory there should be a file called

 email.newuser-sharp

that contains the password.

> I went to ~/sushi/conf folder to see the the passwd and username

> set. There are none .htpwd like file.

There should definitely be a file like

 .sharpaccess.hostname.8080

if such a file doesn't exist, then the installation must have had an

error ... can you check?

> Please suggest.

> Sincerely

> Debajyoti

* Clemens Vonrhein, Ph.D.   vonrhein AT GlobalPhasing DOT com

*

* Global Phasing Ltd.

* Sheraton House, Castle Park

* Cambridge CB3 0AX, UK