[sharp-discuss] cgi error

Clemens Vonrhein vonrhein at globalphasing.com
Thu Jan 27 18:52:30 CET 2011

Hi Jon,

On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 05:22:41PM +0000, Jonathan Grimes wrote:
>   Hi Global Phasing,
>
>    Ive recently installed auto=sharp on my mcbook air.
>
>    Everything works fine in terms of autosharp, but i have noticed
>    2 issues.
>
>    1.  when using the upload button to move mtz/sca files into
>    /datafiles/ for a 5.4Mb sca file (unmerged) I get a
>    perl error cgi suggesting im tryin to upload to large
>    a file
>
>    Request to receive too much data: 5563834 bytes

That is something the underlying Perl code has: see

  $BDG_home/sushi/cgi-bin/upload.cgi

I set the MAXLENGTH value to 5242880 - maybe you can increase that?

>    also when i use this sca file (unmerged) i get this error message
>    ERROR   : unable to determine format of SCALEPACK file "junk1.sca"

Have you specified (in the first autoSHARP panel) that you are using
unmerged SCALEPACK data?

Or maybe something has changed in the format of those files in the
scalepack program ...

In general: there is not much advantage in using unmerged SCALEPACK
files in the current autoSHARP version (most of the work is then done
on merged data anyway). See

  http://www.globalphasing.com/sharp/manual/autoSHARP1.html#datafiles

for details.