[sharp-discuss] ARP/wARP crashing?

Clemens Vonrhein vonrhein at globalphasing.com
Tue Jul 24 09:39:11 CEST 2012

Hi Ben,

it looks like a crash (segmentation fault?) of one of the ARP/wARP
binaries - it could be a problem with the input prepared by
SHARP/autoSHARP. You could have a look if this happens for projects
where

 * the data is low-resolution (so only secondary-structure building is
   attempted) or high-resolution

 * protein or DNA/RNA structures?

 * correct or completely incorrect solvent content given (or
   calculated from correct/incorrect user-input)

 * the solvent-flattened map looks good/bad/poor?

My guess is that something else is seriously poor way before it enters
the model-building stage (wrong HA solution, poor phasing, no
distinction between hands etc etc). However, if there are no serious
warnings before this crash and the maps being fed into ARP/wARP are
good - then we should have a closer look at the nature of that crash.