[sharp-discuss] Odd error when I try to submit a large SHARP .sim file?

Clemens Vonrhein vonrhein at globalphasing.com
Fri Jul 11 11:08:43 CEST 2014

Dear Mike,

On Thu, Jul 10, 2014 at 02:52:12PM -0700, Michael Lawson wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm pretty new to SHARP, so my apologies if this is a pretty basic
> question.  I've been trying to submit my SHARP job in which I have >200
> G-sites and I've defined the atom type for two different crystals (so a lot
> of C/T sites, too).

Yes, that should be fine - we've been running SHARP with > 1500 sites
without any problems.

> The .sin file that is generated is obviously large for
> this reason, and I get the following error after pressing press submit or
> save on the "Ready for Submit" page:
>
> "cgi-lib.pl: Request to receive too much data: 151978 bytes"

That's odd - and a new one for us.

> Is there any easy work around to this problem?  Thanks!

Could you cut-n-paste the content of the "Ready for Submit" page into
a text file and send this to us? This way we can check what might be
the problem ...

Also: you could try and increase the variable

  $cgi_lib'maxdata    = 131072;    # maximum bytes to accept via POST - 2^17

in

  /where/ever/sharp/lib/cgi-lib.pl

(eg doubling it) and see if that helps?