[sharp-discuss] Installation of AutoSharp

Mark J van Raaij mjvanraaij at cnb.csic.es
Sat May 2 19:19:47 CEST 2015

Dear All,

struggling with installing AutoSharp on my new MacBook under OSX Yosemite I am afraid. I would like to run it via CCP4i, not the server.

I have installed CCP4i and that works properly, it is in /Applications. I also have the Shelx executables in /usr/bin, and they also work (just ran the ShelxCDE pipeline via CCP4i and that went ok, however I would like to see if Autoharp improves on it).

I have made a .profile file containing:
source /Applications/ccp4-6.5/bin/ccp4.setup-sh
source /Users/mark/sharp-2.8/setup.sh

Now, if I start CCP4i via the icon, Autosharp remains greyed out.
However, if I start CCP4i from an XQuartz window, it is black, but something is still amiss.
When I click on it, it says:
"Can not get environment variable for BDG_home"
and the window does not get drawn.
Could someone help me fix this?

If possible, could someone also tell me on how to make Autoharp appear not greyed out if I start CCP4i from the icon?

Many thanks in advance,

Mark

Mark J van Raaij
mjvanraaij at cnb.csic.es <mailto:mjvanraaij at cnb.csic.es>