[sharp-discuss] Cannot read iron sulfur cluster info in sphcluster file

ClAuS Flensburg claus at globalphasing.com
Fri Jan 15 11:24:56 CET 2016

Dear Thomas,

On Fri, Jan 15, 2016 at 10:43:51AM +0100, Thomas Barends wrote:
> Dear all,
> I have a protein with several iron sulfur clusters, which are easily
> found by autoSHARP. From those sites I then made a SIN file placing
> an F4eS4 cluster at each site. However, when I then start it, I
> quickly get the following error message:
>

>      ***SHARP-ERR-0001: LOOK_SPHCLUSTER: No library info for TAG =
>      Fe4S4:Fe ***
>
> However, the sphcluster file in /home/sharp/database ends with this:
>
> # Fe4S4:Fe is the iron part of Fe4S4 Fe4S4:Fe 4 1.66 1.66 1.66 1.66
> # Fe4S4:S is the sulfur part of Fe4S4 Fe4S4:S 4 2.21 2.21 2.21 2.21
>
> Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

it looks like you are adding Fe4S4 cluster information by editing the
distributed sphcluster file. Perhaps the editor has messed this up,
since you need a couple of newlines for this to work.

Each part consists of four lines:

====
1: # comment line
2: tag
3: count of values to follow on next line
4: values
====

so try adding the following lines:

====