[sharp-discuss] unable to get resolution limits

Clemens Vonrhein vonrhein@globalphasing.com
Mon, 4 Feb 2002 12:23:41 +0000

Dear Anja,

my first guess would be that you're running a different CCP4 version -
it looks as if autoSHARP is unable to extract the resolution limits
from the CAD log file. So maybe the format is not recognised?

Please note that the latest CCP4 4.1.1 is highly recommended.

Another possibility is, that you specified in your 'Preferences' that
you want 'HTML' style output from the CCP4 programs. This is not very
well tested I'm afraid (should work though). Make sure that you
specified 'no' for this item.

Furthermore, maybe your permissions in your sharpfiles/datafiles
directory are wrong? If youre in the same unix group as the httpd you
can do a 'chmod 0770' on it - otherwise 0777. Take a look at the
'trouble shooting' section of the installation notes on our WWW
server: there is a shell script for testing a whole variety of
possible problems.

Hope that helps - if not please send me the following info:

  % cd /where/ever/sharpfiles/logfiles/MyProject.0/COLLECT
  % ls -ltra

  and tha last few .log files from that directory

On Thu, Jan 31, 2002 at 02:17:59PM +0100, Anja Rabijns wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I have got a problem running autosharp. Whatever file I use (mtz, sca) I always get the following error message:
>
> 2.2 collection data
> (explanation)  (details)
> ERROR: unable to get resolution limits
>
> I have already tried several reflection files from different projects and I have also tried the example files distributed with Sharp, but the error always remains. The error always occurs when the program evaluates the second wavelength (in MAD) or the first derivative (in MIR).
> If I look at the details from this error I get the cad log file, but this looks OK and it has a normal termination. In the cad file the resolution limits are listed, so there is no problem.
>
> So, really I don't know what is wrong. Probably something in the setup or installation.
> By the way: the normal sharp runs just fine.
>
> Thanks for any advice,
>
> Anja
>

> Dr. Anja Rabijns
> Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences
> E. Van Evenstraat 4
> B-3000 Leuven, BELGIUM
> TEL: +(32) 16 32 34 21 FAX: +(32) 16 32 34 69

* Clemens Vonrhein, Ph.D.          vonrhein@GlobalPhasing.com
*  Sheraton House, Castle Park     Tel: +44-(0)1223-353033
*  Cambridge CB3 0AX, UK           Fax: +44-(0)1223-366889