[sharp-discuss] sharp.dat, Unknown command for submission method "interactive"

Edward A. Berry EABerry at lbl.gov
Sun Dec 12 01:51:12 GMT 2004

Clemens Vonrhein wrote:
> Hi Ed,
...>

> and you should have files
>
>   interactive/start.sh
>   interactive/restart.sh
>   interactive/resume.sh
>
> inside the $BDG_home/submit.local and/or $BDG_home/submit
> directory. These should be links $BDG_home/bin/*.sh - maybe a mount
> point changed? Or you moved your installation around?

That was it! Apparently when I moved to the new server a year or so
ago I did some combination of copying the old install and reinstalling.

The submit/interactive/start.sh etc were links to sharp/bin on a local
disk of the old server, NFS-mounted here. Still everything worked
perfectly until a week ago when that disk ceased to be mounted.
Next time I'll do a clean install. For now I just changed the links
to point to the scripts in local sharp/bin, and it works again.

Thanks,
Ed