[sharp-discuss] Trouble with httpd!

raji raji@lamar.colostate.edu
Thu, 3 Jun 2004 16:17:07 -0600

Dear Users,
I just installed SHARP a few days ago and I am completely new to this program.
I am the administrator and user for the program, and I have installed it only
on
one machine on which I will be doing everything.
I am trying to get the GUI up and running, but it doesn't seem to work.
I saw the posting on the foll. site and tried to follow the instructions
there.
http://www.globalphasing.com/fom/cache/24.html
-----------
Here's what I find.
raji@toucan/sharp> grep "^Port" $BDG_home/$BDG_gui/conf/httpd-1.3.28.conf
BDG_gui: Undefined variable.
raji@toucan/sharp> grep "^[ ]*SUSHI_server" $BDG_home/.bdgrc
  SUSHI_server=toucan
raji@toucan/sharp> adm/bin/check_server
 A SHARP server is running on
       toucan:8081
raji@toucan/sharp> ps -ef | grep httpd
raji@toucan/sharp> ps -ef | grep httpd
raji@toucan/sharp> ps -efl | grep httpd
000 R raji      4854  4344  0  77   0    -   449 -      16:14 pts/3
00:00:00 grep httpd
raji@toucan/sharp> konqueror http://toucan:8081/
kio (KProtocolInfo): ERROR: Protocol '' not found
kio (KRun): ERROR: 0x8291510 ERROR 23 Could not connect to host
toucan (port 8081)
------------
How do I define BDG_gui ?
We do not have Netscape installed. We use a Konqueror browser instead.
Can someone tell how to proceed?
Thanks very much,
Raji

Raji Edayathumangalam
Dept. of Biochemistry & Molecular Biology
Colorado State University
Fort Collins, CO 80523 USA
Tel:(970)491-4614
Fax:(970)491-0494