[sharp-discuss] various Sharp problems

Jan Abendroth JanAbend at u.washington.edu
Thu Feb 23 23:35:58 GMT 2006

Hi all,
I am running into several probably unrelated Sharp problems:

a) Installation on a single user machine:
- downloaded all the files in fresh directory
- added new .licence file in this directory
- added $BDG_home in .bashrc, sourced .bashrc
- installSHARP -F in $BDG_home
- .. useSHARP ...
- the examples stop w/ the following error message:
 ***SHARP-ERR-0002: Unknown return status = 6 ***

Problems b) and c) occur on our main server on which Sharp itself seems
to run nicely:

b) density modification including partial model:
- after initial dm run fft quits with the following error message:

Permutation of axes: (program=input)  x= X,  y= Y,  z= Z

	 raised in ccp4_file_open2 <<<<<<
	 raised in MtzOpenForWrite <<<<<<

 $TEXT:Warning: $$ comment $$
 WARNING: LWOPEN_NOEXIT: failed to open output file FFTHKLSCR
 $$
 FFT:  LWOPEN: failed to open output file
 FFT:  LWOPEN: failed to open output file

c) extracting phases from model:

      1. Generating structure factors from model model_26oLEGO.pdb

     (details)
<http://kudu.bmsc.washington.edu:8080/users/jan/logfiles/periL-DAD-4Se-inv-HR.1/mkabcd_sfall.log>

    scale and overall B-factor:
    R-factor:

      2. Scaling of generated structure factors

     (details)
<http://kudu.bmsc.washington.edu:8080/users/jan/logfiles/periL-DAD-4Se-inv-HR.1/mkabcd_rstats.log>

    R-factor:

*ERROR in /usr/local/sharp/sushi/cgi-bin/mkabcd.cgi*

    The following return values are set:

    * Child error = 256
    * OS error = No such file or directory
    * Eval error = 0

*Error message  :  * File "mkabcd.mtz1" not found or not readable

Any ideas?
Thanks a lot
Jan

--