[sharp-discuss] getax.pl error

artis at chemistry.montana.edu artis at chemistry.montana.edu
Tue Sep 26 16:45:52 BST 2006

Subject: getax.pl error
From:    artis at localhost
Date:    Mon, September 25, 2006 2:37 pm
To:      mailman-owner at globalphasing.com

Hello,
I am trying to run getax for ncs averaging. I had started out with no log
file appearing after a getax run which I looked up and fixed ( line 303,
;). It runs but then stops while refining and averaging (automask). The
log file shows an error
dm:   ncsautomask - out of memory: increase NCSMASK SIZE
Times: User:       1.3s System:    0.0s Elapsed:     0:01

For both simple and automask it cant find the mtz file

 Data line--- LABI FILE 1 E1=FDM E2=PHIDM E3=FOMDM
 Data line--- END
 No CTYP lines input for file:  1
    Indices output even if all data items flagged "missing"
 Warning, NOT all LABOUT data lines given
	 raised in ccp4_file_raw_read <<<<<<
	 raised in ccp4_file_readchar <<<<<<
	 raised in MtzGet <<<<<<
Error: failed to open file for read!
  Error in LROPEN for file name  Input_File_Name: HKLIN1
 CAD:   Fatal Error
Times: User:       0.0s System:    0.0s Elapsed:     0:00

The overall error shows up

ERROR in /home/artis/prog/SHARP/bin/sharp/getax.pl
Error message  :   File "getax_50.0pc/g_dm_166.7_180.0_180.0-1.2.mtz1" not
found or not readable

When I try to use  automask from within CCP4 suite, it runs. Can I please
get some help regarding this.

Thank you.
Arti Pandey