[sharp-discuss] Re: SHARP user with getax error

Alejandro Buschiazzo alebus at pasteur.fr
Wed Sep 27 19:07:50 BST 2006

artis at chemistry.montana.edu escribió:
> Hello Alejandro,
> I had posted an error about getax yesterday and while looking up the
> archives I saw you had a somewhat similar experience and so decided to
> write a direct note to you.
> Did you get getax to work from within SHARP. Did you use CCP4 5.0 for this.
> I have CCP4 6.0.1 and am thinking of configuring SHARP to version 5.0.
> What is the patch that you talk about in your mail.
> I shall be grateful for any help on this.
> Thank you.
> Sincerely
> Arti Pandey
> Chemistry and Biochemistry
> Montana State University
> Bozeman, MT USA 59717

Hi Arti,

indeed I had that problem......unfortunately I was never able to solve
it from within SHARP (i.e. ended up doing more or less the same type of
work with the individual CCP4 programs)

At that time I was using CCP4 5.0; now I'm using CCP4 6.0.1, and it
doesn't work either. Misteriously enough, Claus Flensburg said that e.g.
the tutorial with the IF3-C.1 data worked just fine...which is
definitely not the case for me.

The error  (after adding that missing ';' at the end of line 303 on the
getax.pl perl script  in /whereverSHARP//bin/sharp/) is still the same:
as reported in STDERR

 >CAD:   Fatal Error
 >Error in script /Applications/Crystallography/Sharp/bin/sharp/getax.pl
- File "getax_50.0pc/g_dm_34.3_14.3_180-1.2.mtz1" not found or not
readable at >/Applications/Crystallography/Sharp/lib/libhtml.pl line 1482

and indeed, that mtz is never written, because CAD crashes

Last, that patch that was mentioned on those mails refers to a possible
problem with the cmtzlib_f library, that could've been the reason
affecting column assignment in CAD (as suggested on the ccp4 Problems
page for v5.0.2); but that didn't (nor doesn't) improve this particular
problem.

Sorry for not being helpful...

--
Alejandro Buschiazzo, PhD