[sharp-discuss] Error: Too many levels of symbolic links

Nian Huang huangnian at gmail.com
Sat May 5 18:22:26 BST 2007

Hi,
I just installed an autosharp. When I was testing it, it stopped in
the step of "collecting data", and gave error messages:

(explanation)    (details) mv: accessing
`/home/nh/MJ06/6_autoSHARP/autoSHARP.0/autoSHARP.data.mtz': Too many
levels of symbolic links
ERROR   : unable to get resolution limits for file
          /home/nh/MJ06/6_autoSHARP/autoSHARP.0/autoSHARP.data.mtz

I checked the folder. Autosharp created a self symbolic link
"autoSHARP.data.mtz -->
/home/nh/MJ06/6_autoSHARP/autoSHARP.0/autoSHARP.data.mtz". I believe
this caused problem.
Does anybody meet the similar problem? The system I am using is Fedora
6, and ccp4 version is 6.02.

Thanks,