[sharp-discuss] SHARP/autoSHARP installation on Mac OS X 10.5.6

Masato Akutsu makutsu at mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk
Fri Mar 27 02:10:23 CET 2009

Dear all,

I have been trying to install sharp on Mac OS X 10.5.6.
First, I got error message “unable to use the "echo -n" wrapper” as
discussed at
http://www.globalphasing.com/pipermail/sharp-discuss/2008-July/001924.html

So, I typed

/bin/sh
COMMAND_MODE=legacy
export COMMAND_MODE

and
./installSHARP –F

However, I got another WARNING message at the section of server setup
as below.
4. list of directories for
      LD_LIBRARY_PATH/DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH variable :
      [/usr/local/ccp4-6.1.1/share/XIAROOT/xia2//binaries/mac_386:] >
  WARNING : invalid answer - try again.

I would be most grateful if anyone could give me a hint.

Best regards,
Masato Akutsu

------- Section 6.1 : server setup

  NOTE : We will now generate a basic server setup file. Make
         sure to answer the questions accurately - otherwise
         the interface SUSHI may not work properly.

  NOTE : You can re-configure your server by running
         "host-setup".

  NOTE : The SHARP / SUSHI server will be set to the machine
         mact22-6

         Continue ? [y]es/[n]o/[e]xit/[s]kip > y

  NOTE : The operating system seems to be: Darwin - release
         10.5.6

  NOTE : The computer chip appears to be : i386

  NOTE : the defaults in the following section should be
         adequate in most cases.

   1. Location of temporary files (min 64 MB free) (absolute
      path) :
      [/tmp] >

   2. Perl 5 location :
      [/usr/bin/perl] >

   3. Mailer program location (usually sendmail) :
      [/usr/sbin/sendmail] >