[sharp-discuss] SHARP/autoSHARP installation on Mac OS X 10.5.6

Clemens Vonrhein vonrhein at globalphasing.com
Fri Mar 27 09:07:18 CET 2009

Dear Masato,

On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 01:10:23AM +0000, Masato Akutsu wrote:
> However, I got another WARNING message at the section of server setup as
> below.
> 4. list of directories for
>      LD_LIBRARY_PATH/DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH variable :
>      [/usr/local/ccp4-6.1.1/share/XIAROOT/xia2//binaries/mac_386:] >
>  WARNING : invalid answer - try again.

Yes, that installation part is maybe a bit picky: it basically tests
that each directory in that DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH variable (picked up rom
your environment) exists. So there are two possible explanations:

  a) the directory
  /usr/local/ccp4-6.1.1/share/XIAROOT/xia2//binaries/mac_386 doesnt
  exist

  b) it is confused by that extra ':' at the end

> I would be most grateful if anyone could give me a hint.

Ideally, try fixing your DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH settings before running
'installSHARP -F'. I'm not sure where this is set (maybe in one of the
CCP4 setup scripts?) though.

Or when you get stuck at that point, give it a valid entry like

  /usr/local/ccp4-6.1.1/share/XIAROOT/xia2/binaries/mac_386

(i.e. without the trailing ':').