[sharp-discuss] sharp server access fails

Palm palm at uni-greifswald.de
Mon Mar 30 15:04:02 CEST 2009

Dear all,

  We have a problem accessing the sharp server.
Installation of SHARP on our machine wh21 last week went well and
we have run some jobs already. The computer was turned off brieflyon
the weekend. After the weekend access to the sharp server however
fails:

Failed to Connect
Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at wh21:8080.

We have not (knowingly) changed any settings since Friday (SuSE Linux
11.0, single machine, multiple user for SHARP).
We are using DHCP to access the internet. Could it be that a new
IP address was assigned to the computer and that this causes the
problems? Is there a fix or do we have to get a static IP address
for our computer? Can we change the IP address, which SHARP is expecting,
to a new static (or if necessary, to the current dynamic IP address)?

greetings
  Gottfried