[sharp-discuss] Problem with ARP/wARP autobuild

Clemens Vonrhein vonrhein at globalphasing.com
Fri Nov 19 14:08:02 CET 2010

Hi Derek,

On Fri, Nov 19, 2010 at 01:36:26PM +0100, Derek Logan wrote:
> Thanks for this useful tip. It may take some time to report on whether or not it works, as I am still not sure what I or the system does to trip the problem.

Yes.

That "perl: no user" message however points very strongly into that
Apple perl bug. So switching to ActivePerl is very likely to help.

> On to the next question! I seem to be getting an ARP/wARP bug almost identical to the one described by Narayanan Ramasubbu in December 2009:
>
> http://www.globalphasing.com/pipermail/sharp-discuss/2009-December/001983.html
>
> i.e. the autobuilding script fails (see attached HTML) and directs me to look in the attached .log file, which says:
>
>  Data line--- LABIN  E1=FBshasol E2
> MtzParseLabin: run out of labels trying to match "E2"
>  CAD:  Error in label assignments in LKYSET
>
> When I Googled using this text I found the discussion from last December. However that issue was resolved by upgrading from 7.0.0 to 7.0.1, and I am already using 7.1. Can my problem be due to something else?

This probably happens because the version of SHARP/autoSHARP you are
running was released before ARP/wARP 7.1 came out. So our
ARP/wARP-dribing scripts don't recognise this as ARP/wARP 7.x - and
think it is a 6.X version.

The patch for that problem is described at

  http://www.globalphasing.com/sharp/issues.html

including a patch.

Please let us know if it is after all a different problem!