[sharp-discuss] Blank pages in SHARP again

Derek Logan Derek.Logan at biochemistry.lu.se
Tue Apr 12 21:37:53 CEST 2011

Hi Claus,

I already had ActivePerl installed but it was not the version being used, which was /usr/bin/perl. However when I try to follow the instructions in the Wiki I can't get the script to accept ActivePerl:

  1. Location of temporary files (min 64 MB free) (absolute
     directory path) :
     [/tmp] >

  2. Perl 5 location :
     [/usr/bin/perl] > /usr/local/ActivePerl-5.12/bin/perl

 WARNING : Please try again (1).

  2. Perl 5 location :
     [/usr/bin/perl] >

The perl in question is runnable by user "sharp" (who is running this script). I even tried linking ActivePerl to /usr/local/bin/perl to see if maybe the path name was too long, but I get the same error message. If I give it the name of a file that doesn't exist I get a different error message. What to do?

/Derek