[sharp-discuss] Installation of AutoSharp

Clemens Vonrhein vonrhein at globalphasing.com
Sun May 3 03:35:53 CEST 2015

Dear Mark,

On Sat, May 02, 2015 at 07:19:47PM +0200, Mark J van Raaij wrote:
> I have installed CCP4i and that works properly, it is in /Applications. I also have the Shelx executables in /usr/bin, and they also work (just ran the ShelxCDE pipeline via CCP4i and that went ok, however I would like to see if Autoharp improves on it).
>
> I have made a .profile file containing:
> source /Applications/ccp4-6.5/bin/ccp4.setup-sh
> source /Users/mark/sharp-2.8/setup.sh

Correct.

> Now, if I start CCP4i via the icon, Autosharp remains greyed out.

Yes - because that way of starting CCP4i (via Icon) will possibly not
pick up things in your ~/.profile. I don't know how CCP4i is being
started through that icon myself - maybe CCP4 can help so that you
know where you want to add that

  . /Users/mark/sharp-2.8/setup.sh

(or 'source') line.

> However, if I start CCP4i from an XQuartz window, it is black, but something is still amiss.
> When I click on it, it says:
> "Can not get environment variable for BDG_home"
> and the window does not get drawn.

It is looking for the value of SHARP_home that should point (in your
case) to /Users/mark/sharp-2.8:

  export SHARP_home=/Users/mark/sharp-2.8
  ccp4i

> Could someone help me fix this?

Does the above fix it for you?

Please also note the info on

  http://www.globalphasing.com/sharp/wiki/index.cgi?Ccp4Problems#ccp465

regarding autoSHARP in CCP4i.

> If possible, could someone also tell me on how to make Autoharp appear not greyed out if I start CCP4i from the icon?

Maybe some Mac/Apple-expert can help there ... ?